Exhaust clamp TTE Help needed

Started by PaddyDT, March 31, 2021, 14:51

PaddyDT

Long time since last post.

Need some help identifying the right replacement v? Clamp for my original TTE exhaust. Rusted almost through. Exhaust a bit loose on that side and squint.

It's the clamp that holds the final exhaust section to the silencer.

The ends of each pipe end are flared. Pipe diameter around 55mm. Flares probably out to 65mm.

Picture not great.

Saw some old posts but nothing that nails what I need or might be able to substitute with.

Without dismantling (it will fall to pieces) is there some sort of internal gasket too?

Any help much appreciated.You cannot view this attachment.

Joesson

Quote from: PaddyDT on March 31, 2021, 14:51Long time since last post.

Need some help identifying the right replacement v? Clamp for my original TTE exhaust. Rusted almost through. Exhaust a bit loose on that side and squint.

The ends of each pipe end are flared. Pipe diameter around 55mm. Flares probably out to 65mm.

Picture not great.

Saw some old posts but nothing that nails what I need or might be able to substitute with.

Without dismantling (it will fall to pieces) is there some sort of internal gasket too?

Any help much appreciated.

Most straightforward I suggest would be Mr T parts department.
Clamps of various types are available at Halfords and  parts suppliers but it would be a bit hit and miss and you would need a gasket ai believe.

Ardent

Quote from: PaddyDT on March 31, 2021, 14:51Long time since last post.

Picture not great.

Any help much appreciated.You cannot view this attachment.
The search is friend.
The definitive answer is there. Honest.
The clamps are from ecp. Only a couple quid. The O rings match up to a volvo.

Actually that might help your search.
Volvo,  klaris, tte clamps

Edit
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?msg=830813

ManInDandism

1. KLARIUS EXHAUST GASKET
Klarius Part No: VOG5AP 410243 (listed for Volvo 240 and 740)
Euro Car Parts Part No: 700660050 (listed for Audi 80 as well as several Volvos including 240 and 740)
Euro Car Parts Price: £3.79
Dimensions: Height = 10mm, Inner Diameter = 51mm, Outer Diameter = 67mm

2. KLARIUS EXHAUST CLAMP
Klarius Part No: PGP55AE 430173 (listed for Peugeot 205 Berlingo)
Euro Car Parts Part No: 712745101 (listed for Citroen, Peugeot, Fiat, Nissan and others)
Euro Car Parts Price: 2.39
Dimensions: Diameter 69mm

This is what I have on my PC.  Prices are probably incorrect as is from a while back.  Eurocarparts are likely the best source.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Ardent

Which is what I said, which is what wotugonna said, which is what you said. :)

PaddyDT

Sincere thanks on this to all.

Spotted mention of valve, and previously found some expired links, but this is the business.

Tags: