Cat pipes

Started by McMr2, June 20, 2020, 12:34

McMr2

Afternoon all,

Hope everyone is well and managing at least some roof down miles.

It seems one of my Flexi pipes has given up, the mesh looks fine but it sounds like it's blowing.

An easy option looks like a cats2u replacement, but I notice their website seems to make a distinction between FL and PFL. Were there changes to the cat at some point, possible an emissions driven thing?

Edit: to clarify, the cheapest option is listed 1999-2001, whereas the more expensive "type approved" version seems to span the full life up to 2007.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Carolyn

Quote from: McMr2 on June 20, 2020, 12:34Afternoon all,

It seems one of my Flexi pipes has given up, the mesh looks fine but it sounds like it's blowing.

An easy option looks like a cats2u replacement, but I notice their website seems to make a distinction between FL and PFL. Were there changes to the cat at some point, possible an emissions driven thing?

Edit: to clarify, the cheapest option is listed 1999-2001, whereas the more expensive "type approved" version seems to span the full life up to 2007.

As far as I am aware, the Cats2U is a fit's-all job.  For the slight difference in price, you might want the certificated one.  I think the extra dosh just covers the certification, rather than any real difference in the item.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

McMr2

Quote from: Carolyn on June 20, 2020, 13:27
Quote from: McMr2 on June 20, 2020, 12:34Afternoon all,

As far as I am aware, the Cats2U is a fit's-all job.  For the slight difference in price, you might want the certificated one.  I think the extra dosh just covers the certification, rather than any real difference in the item.

Thanks for this Carolyn.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

Tags: