Replacement keys

Started by scm2004red, June 12, 2020, 08:28

scm2004red

Has anyone recently obtained a replacement 2 button TOY41  key with all of electronics complete for re programming, and if so could they point me in the right direction for obtaining one.Thanks.
MR2 Red Edition 2004
Porsche 924 1984

paulj

Fleabay can be your friend here.  You can get key blanks, although some key cutters wont cut ones you supply.  Some sellers offer to cut a key to your photo or key code.

As for the electronics, Toyota used many suppliers but the MR2 ones are tokai rika and tend to be grey plastic with a transparent battery cover.

Once you've got new electronics there is a programming guide in the how to section.  Two separate tasks to programme the immobiliser and locking/alarm separately.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

BahnStormer

Quote from: scm2004red on June 12, 2020, 08:28Has anyone recently obtained a replacement 2 button TOY41  key with all of electronics complete for re programming, and if so could they point me in the right direction for obtaining one.Thanks.
there's a detailed guide on all of this in the electronics section, since the main focus is the key code dance (actually 2x dances)...

also - check the blades go into the doors (even just a little)... BEFORE you get them cut... they were all fine in the ignition, but I found the grooves on some of the fleabay TOY41 blades were too tight...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

ManInDandism

This is my personal eBay recommendation.  I've bought two keys from him. An extra fiver if you want it cut - you send the key code and he sends back an image for you to compare to your existing key.  Arrives in a couple of days.  Also key has gold Toyota logo (which he can't show in his ad) as most others will be logo-less.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

BahnStormer

Quote from: ManInDandism on June 12, 2020, 12:51This is my personal eBay recommendation.  I've bought two keys from him. An extra fiver if you want it cut - you send the key code and he sends back an image for you to compare to your existing key.  Arrives in a couple of days.  Also key has gold Toyota logo (which he can't show in his ad) as most others will be logo-less.

I wonder if he can do them with Screaming Chickens? :)
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

ManInDandism

Quote from: BahnStormer on June 12, 2020, 12:53
Quote from: ManInDandism on June 12, 2020, 12:51This is my personal eBay recommendation.  I've bought two keys from him. An extra fiver if you want it cut - you send the key code and he sends back an image for you to compare to your existing key.  Arrives in a couple of days.  Also key has gold Toyota logo (which he can't show in his ad) as most others will be logo-less.

Be fun trying to get that request across  - screaming what Sir? ???  :D
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

BahnStormer

Quote from: ManInDandism on June 12, 2020, 13:21
Quote from: BahnStormer on June 12, 2020, 12:53

yeah - just send him your profile pic ;)

Be fun trying to get that request across  - screaming what Sir? ???  :D

scm2004red

Took this advice and bought a key on his recommendation, successfully programmed today and a second key all functioning. Thanks
MR2 Red Edition 2004
Porsche 924 1984

Tags: