Am I missing something? VSV, Emissions Control ...

Started by GodalmingMR2, June 5, 2020, 19:32

GodalmingMR2

Am I missing some pipes - see photo for spaces on intake. From BGB I can see pictures relating to emissions control / VSV / etc. but are these for US cars only? Or has a previous owner removed some bits?

Petrus

Looks ok to me.
Have not seen any photo with tubes/leads in the fixtures.

Here´s mine

You cannot view this attachment.

shnazzle

I've often wondered what they were for. The only think I can conclude is they that intake pipe is used on another car as well?
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: shnazzle on June  5, 2020, 20:15The only think I can conclude is they that intake pipe is used on another car as well?

It´s Toyota so quite likely. They saved Porsche with this engineering/design approach.

GodalmingMR2

Phew - I'll remove that from the list of things to worry about. I found this picture in the BGB, but also found some other forum posts that suggested it might be US-specific.

shnazzle

Quote from: GodalmingMR2 on June  5, 2020, 20:38Phew - I'll remove that from the list of things to worry about. I found this picture in the BGB, but also found some other forum posts that suggested it might be US-specific.
Ah! 

Yes of course I forgot about that thing.
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Great find.
The EVAP extra is a California thing I believe.

Lucky us we don´t have it because from what I read, the EVAP error codes are a nightmare.
There is an active thread about it on the US forum.

Thanks for bringing it up. Learned something new!!

m1tch

I think there is an extra evap canister in US cars - luckily not on ours :)

Tags: