Swapped manifold, o2 sensor lead short

Started by JerryL, May 3, 2020, 15:09

JerryL

Swapped manifold, O2 sensor lead short and touching head, is this problem? if so what have others done to resolve.

You cannot view this attachment.

shnazzle

Get a longer lead o2 sensor. Or, if you have a duff o2 sensor, crimp the connector onto the end of the wire of this one. 

The post-cat o2 sensor is longer Denso DOX-0206 I believe.

Alternatively Denso DOX-0109 and crimp it to the desired length.
...neutiquam erro.

BahnStormer

@Carolyn can confirm, but I'm pretty sure the post-cat one is the same spec and has a longer lead... they certainly look VERY similar!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Ardent

BahnStormer

Quote from: Ardent on May 14, 2020, 17:55Yep. same spec longer lead.
and comes with clips.... and costs less!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

shnazzle

Universal (dox-0109) is still 50%cheaper
...neutiquam erro.

JerryL

Thanks for all the info. I will investigate.

Call the midlife!

I wouldn't actually advise doing it due to the temperamental nature of O2 sensors, they tend to die as soon as you remove them from their natural habitat, BUT...
If you're desperate you could always swap the post cat sensor for the manifold sensor to put you on.
The manifold sensor will just plug the hole in the cat and give you an EML but it doesn't really do anything other than tell the ECU if the cat is working anyway.
Again, it would only be a temporary measure until you sorted out a replacement.
60% of the time it works everytime...

shnazzle

Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 14, 2020, 22:28I wouldn't actually advise doing it due to the temperamental nature of O2 sensors, they tend to die as soon as you remove them from their natural habitat, BUT...
If you're desperate you could always swap the post cat sensor for the manifold sensor to put you on.
The manifold sensor will just plug the hole in the cat and give you an EML but it doesn't really do anything other than tell the ECU if the cat is working anyway.
After this long on the forum...have you learned nothing of my angry rants? :) :) 

But yes, if you must sacrifice one of the o2s, the post-cat affects fueling least
...neutiquam erro.

Ardent

The beatings will continue, until morale improves. ;)

Call the midlife!

Quote from: shnazzle on May 14, 2020, 23:43
Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 14, 2020, 22:28I wouldn't actually advise doing it due to the temperamental nature of O2 sensors, they tend to die as soon as you remove them from their natural habitat, BUT...
After this long on the forum...have you learned nothing of my angry rants? :) :)

But yes, if you must sacrifice one of the o2s, the post-cat affects fueling least
I know how much you like to rant, I'm just here to facilitate...😆

I DID start with the standard disclaimer...
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: