Fitting Centre Exit Malian Exhaust

Started by andyroo104, April 6, 2020, 17:52

andyroo104

I have purchased a Malian Centre exit exhaust system and i am attempting to fit with a standard cat and manifold, but for some reason i simply cannot get it to line up and bolt into place with the spring bolts as fitted from factory. I have all new fittings but the system seems to be touching the cat and the bottom hanger then sits too low to be able to use the existing cat hanger.
Any tips before i remove the bottom hanger completely along with the heat shield, as that seems to be the only way it will fit, but would rather fit without cutting bits off.
Thanks in advance.
Andy.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Ardent

@andyroo104

Same brand but different style. So not sure if the the same treatment at the cat joint end. The version I got was designed to mate flange to flange. Flat gasket in place of donut.

Have a look on my malian thread. Lots of pics. Compare your cat end to mine.
There are no threads in the malian flange either. At least not on mine.

andyroo104

@Ardent
I saw your thread prior to purchasing, my exhaust came from Lewis Winnpenny on facebook and he informed me that a doughnut washer was required on the centre exit, i have messaged him for any further info.
Thanks Andy.

Ardent

andyroo104

@Ardent
I purchased a TTe system from eBay due to the fact that the Malian system was not as straight forward to fit, all of the heatshields need to be removed from the cat, there are no fixings located to the flange. I found a tip top TTE system so went for the easy option, but with all the attempts to fit the Malian i have split my flexies on the cat, i am sure the Malian system will be a lot easier for most but i did not want to start cutting the heatshields off. @

Ardent

Quote from: andyroo104 on April 14, 2020, 22:46@Ardent
I purchased a TTe system from eBay due to the fact that the Malian system was not as straight forward to fit, all of the heatshields need to be removed from the cat, there are no fixings located to the flange. I found a tip top TTE system so went for the easy option, but with all the attempts to fit the Malian i have split my flexies on the cat, i am sure the Malian system will be a lot easier for most but i did not want to start cutting the heatshields off. @
I agree with you. The instructions or lack thereof seem to be a common theme. It should be made clear from the out set what has to be done for their part to fit.
As no guidance is given, it is not unreasonable for the purchaser to expect a straight swap.
A minor bit of fettling is to be expected, but not to the degree you describe.

Tags: