Scissor Jack Modification

Started by kwnelson, April 4, 2020, 13:11

kwnelson

While I was fixing my aerial [see last post] I decided to modify the Toyota supplied scissor jack.   I recently bought a rattle guns, so thought that if the screw lifting eye was slightly modified then a large socket attached to the rattle gun, could fit over the jack turning eye.   So I set about modifying the jack turning eye with my angle grinder reducing it in size to the largest socket size in my tool set.   Shazzam!    I now have a motorized scissor jack, works great, and the original jack handle can still be used.
Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

shnazzle

Quote from: kwnelson on April  4, 2020, 13:11While I was fixing my aerial [see last post] I decided to modify the Toyota supplied scissor jack.  I recently bought a rattle guns, so thought that if the screw lifting eye was slightly modified then a large socket attached to the rattle gun, could fit over the jack turning eye.  So I set about modifying the jack turning eye with my angle grinder reducing it in size to the largest socket size in my tool set.  Shazzam!    I now have a motorized scissor jack, works great, and the original jack handle can still be used.
That's quite good actually. Never thought of that
...neutiquam erro.

H1GRM

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

Tags: