P1310 need some help

Started by Nvy, March 28, 2020, 17:35

Nvy

So the above code was thrown today. I was driving and wanted to give it some Italian tune and went 2 times above 5k rpms. On the 2nd time when I was switching gears and let the clutch go all the lights went on and the car stalled. Tried to turn it on but it didnt work, then let it sit for 10 mins and restarted just fine. Came home and scanned the codes.

Just p1310 was in there. Is it just a matter of replacing the 3rd coil from left to right?

Carolyn

Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Nvy

Quote from: Carolyn on March 28, 2020, 17:52Probably.

The connector wasnt snapped on and was just half of it was plugged. Once I pushed it in and fired the car the error was gone. The repair shop didnt do their job when taking the engine out. I also found out that there is not enough coolant in the system because the expansion bottle is dry. Ill get 2 liters and will add some. Sloppy job as usual, its the best trait of the shops around here.

The best part of this is that I was above 100 km/h when this happened and it could end rly bad if it was some other type of car. For example my previous car everything dies if the car has no power or is not running.

Carolyn

This is why I won't do paid work on other people's cars.

They had the engine out and in and one connector wasn't quite pushed home.

The expansion bottle level is low (it always is a few days after refilling coolant as it takes a while to push all the air out.)

Not a bad niggle list for such a big job!!

Nvy

Quote from: Carolyn on March 30, 2020, 09:57This is why I won't do paid work on other people's cars.

They had the engine out and in and one connector wasn't quite pushed home.

The expansion bottle level is low (it always is a few days after refilling coolant as it takes a while to push all the air out.)

Not a bad niggle list for such a big job!!

I do agree is not that big of a hassle but if I had to get a trailer for the car it would have been a huge bill. I will poor some coolant in and will take the car to them for a inspection. All in all I am not happy for their service, I value my time and if I have to go 2-3-4 times to them to sort some little things its not worth it. They are charging me 2nd time for their mistakes. That's why I am bothering you with so many questions, I am slowly starting to work on the car alone. Is well worth the time and I am learning stuff.

On a side note, can I poor some coolant in and run the car with the rear elevated for 15-20 mins and not undo the rad cap?

Carolyn

You certainly should not be charged for corrections to work done.

If the car is running at the correct temperature (temp needle at, or just below halfway) then I'd just top up the bottle to just above the 'low' level. 

Keep an eye on it.  It can take a while to settle down properly.

Top it up cold.

Nvy

Quote from: Carolyn on March 30, 2020, 12:21You certainly should not be charged for corrections to work done.

If the car is running at the correct temperature (temp needle at, or just below halfway) then I'd just top up the bottle to just above the 'low' level. 

Keep an eye on it.  It can take a while to settle down properly.

Top it up cold.

It was above that level for sure, how much I cant say but when I noticed it I turned the heat on to the max and it went down. That made me check the coolant and I found out that the bottle is completely empty.

Nvy

So I bought some coolant and filled the bottle in between the low and full. Run the car for 10-15 mins and the level went way above the full line. I guess there is air into the system.

Ardent

The coolant level can have a mind of its own.
I would be more concerned about low or non rather than being above the line.

Nvy

Quote from: Ardent on March 30, 2020, 17:23The coolant level can have a mind of its own.
I would be more concerned about low or non rather than being above the line.

Ill get the same guys to bleed it on Wednesday but I am pretty sure I have some air in the system. There was 0 coolant in the bottle prior to me filling it a bit. Then some coolant came back, I have read some others having the same problem.

Ardent

Think both of those traced to the air control valve or something.

Carolyn

Yep, still air in the system.

Tags: