Batteries

Started by househead, March 22, 2020, 10:21

Joesson

Quote from: househead on March 22, 2020, 18:01When I got those fronts done, which is only about 1k miles / few weeks ago, the rears still had >4.5mm tread on them. I was going to have the rears moved to the front and replace the rears but I let a friend talk me out of it. He suggested the driven and steering wheels would be more suitable to have the newer ones. One of the fronts get badly damaged by a naughty kerb and I figured best to replace in pairs. The fronts had more like ~3mm left on them.

Having had all four of them done (by tomorrow) within a few weeks of each other, I get to reconsider what the right approach should be for a fwd. nice fresh start! All four originals were the ones I bought it with, 1yr / 8k miles ago.

Another reason why low mileage doesn't necessarily mean the car has not been driven "hard"😉

househead

Quote from: Joesson on March 22, 2020, 18:12Another reason why low mileage doesn't necessarily mean the car has not been driven "hard"😉

:D not guilty ... it wasn't brand new. 10k / 2.5 years old when I got it.
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

househead

Battery has arrived and is now fitted. It works. Not much else to say :)

Golf has two new tyres as of yesterday. Seems like I was lucky that I sorted it quickly. The garage was going to close tomorrow but I assume after last night's updated measures that they've not been open today.
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Tags: