Exhaust/Cat Pipe Diameter

Started by normanh, August 21, 2019, 18:47

normanh

Does anyone know what the pipe diameter is after the 2 flexi joints from the manifold is where the first heat sheild is located. I want to knock up a quick bracket to support the shield as the fixings and strap inside have rotted away?

Norman

Ardent

I can measure, just not right now

normanh

Thanks mate, I am looking to fit a clamp to take the heat shield directly after the manifold as my fittings have just rotted away with the heat. Seems a possible fix and relatively easy I hope either that or make a new strap from sheet stainless or leave the shield off.

Norman

Ardent

Are you on WhatsApp?

Just wondering if this might be easier via pictures.

If you are can you send me your mobile number

Cheers
Jase

Ardent

Cannot get on it quite as I thought.
The calipers are reading 68mm on the outside of the first heat sheild as the 2 go into 1.
There looks to be a 5mm gap all round. So pipe 58mm. Approx

normanh

Thanks

I'll look for one around the 55 to 60mm

Norman

normanh

Well that didnt work as the first fixing on the heat shields is a Y branch of the braided flexi's, my problem was one of the bolt heads had rotted away so one side of the shield was loose hence the rattle so simply gave the remainders of the bolt a tap with a hammer and chisel and replaced the bolt with a new one and a couple of washers.

The clamp I bought was a ECM58/equivalent manifold clamp its the same pitch or very close to the second set of bolts on the heatshield so might work there instead, worth noting for the future.

Norman

Tags: