Towing Ring

Started by kwnelson, June 10, 2019, 13:58

kwnelson

Hi all,   Picking up {driving away] my new, to me, 04 "2".    Hopefully I will not need this information  but, Where do you fix the tow ring to the front of the car,  can't see it on Eric, my own "2".  URGENT I am picking her up tomorrow. 11/6/19 am.
Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

StuC

Quote from: kwnelson on June 10, 2019, 13:58Hi all,   Picking up {driving away] my new, to me, 04 "2".    Hopefully I will not need this information  but, Where do you fix the tow ring to the front of the car,  can't see it on Eric, my own "2".  URGENT I am picking her up tomorrow. 11/6/19 am.

There is a little paint panel above the centre bumper opening. It's almost under the lh front lamp (as you are sat in the car).
As you look from the front of the car, it's at the same height as the number plate and to the right.

It's in the same place on a PFL, but it's under a non painted panel.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

kwnelson

Thanks a lot for prompt post  StuC.  Thought the missing cover plate was something someone had snapped off, didn't look into the dark interior! found it straight away.
Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

StuC

No problem. Happy to help.

Glad you are suitably knowledged now.

Hope the collection goes well. Clearly new readers ride with some pictures are prerequisite   ;)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: