Forever chasing exhausting rainbows

Started by frogger, May 28, 2019, 18:44

frogger

1) EML. Manifold sensor duff on 1 bank. Replaced.

2) EML. Manifold sensor went on other bank. Replaced.

3) EML. Post-Cat sensor showing inefficient burn - but seems to be a blow between manifold and flexi's... replaced seals ... but NO ...

4) 1 of the bolt holes in the manifold (the only one that is fully encased in the casting) is ruined. Buy new toyosport manifold.

5) First day driving with toyosport manifold. No EML's. But after 50 miles exhaust now has a real bad rattle. Possibly inside the TTE backbox.

Seriously  ??? ;D >:(  I've had it with this thang.

m1tch

Quote from: frogger on May 28, 2019, 18:441) EML. Manifold sensor duff on 1 bank. Replaced.

2) EML. Manifold sensor went on other bank. Replaced.

3) EML. Post-Cat sensor showing inefficient burn - but seems to be a blow between manifold and flexi's... replaced seals ... but NO ...

4) 1 of the bolt holes in the manifold (the only one that is fully encased in the casting) is ruined. Buy new toyosport manifold.

5) First day driving with toyosport manifold. No EML's. But after 50 miles exhaust now has a real bad rattle. Possibly inside the TTE backbox.

Seriously  ??? ;D >:(  I've had it with this thang.

Our cars are getting on a bit, I am sure you would be a bit frazzled after many years of being blasted by hot exhaust gasses. The new manifold should sort out any issues with the precats and if you have an exhaust rattle its usually the heat shield on the main cat (usually the end before the cat) - the heat shield is spot welded on and usually rusts though, easy fix, just put a juabliee clip around it to hold it together.

mdw

Quote from: frogger on May 28, 2019, 18:445) First day driving with toyosport manifold. No EML's. But after 50 miles exhaust now has a real bad rattle. Possibly inside the TTE backbox.

I had this rattle on mine.   Most of the wadding had been blown out over the years.  However found an exhaust shop that makes stainless exhausts and for £60 they chopped it open repacked it and welded it back up.  Bit quieter, and nicer sound.    I just gave them the back box so would be more if drive in drive out.   If you can drop the cat then knock the silencer input with your hand and you will hear it clang, there is your fault.  Fast road conversions in Ashford Kent did mine.   Dont give up, you are almost there!!!
Sable 53
Spectra Blue 03

frogger

Thanks guys.

I took the cat heat shield off a while ago, so seems it is the backbox - and I suspect that getting it cut open and rejuvenated may be necessary.

StuC

Quote from: frogger on June 20, 2019, 12:32Thanks guys.

I took the cat heat shield off a while ago, so seems it is the backbox - and I suspect that getting it cut open and rejuvenated may be necessary.

Have you seen @MisterK post about the same thing and how Rouge did just that?

I'll dig it out.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

StuC

URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: