P0125 after replacing all three sensors - Help needed please

Started by KAZP1962, May 24, 2019, 14:38

KAZP1962

Had the car about 4 years and a couple of yers ago had p0135. Did the resistor fix and eml extinguished. After about a year it came back. P0155 - and p0135, so I (well my local garage) replaced the 2 sensors from Opie Oils DOX-0206. Ok for a few weeks then p0141. Replaced That sensor too with DOX-0109 - now I have P0125. I'm at a loss..
Any advice please as I am going round in circles with this.

Topdownman

You can get a new coolant temperature sensor from ebay for less than a tenner.
I have had to change a couple in the past on different cars due to fault codes showing up.

It may not be the issue  but there is a good chance it is and worth changing for that price.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

jonbill

I think it'll be one of the front o2 sensors again.
P0125 means the ecu isn't able to get a rich report from an o2 sensor after the engine is up to operating temp.
I had it two years ago - it used to happen when i stopped and restarted a few mins later when the engine was already warm.
I think it happens because the heater element isn't working but isn't open circuit so can't be directly detected.

shnazzle

Quote from: jonbill on May 25, 2019, 08:51
I think it'll be one of the front o2 sensors again.
P0125 means the ecu isn't able to get a rich report from an o2 sensor after the engine is up to operating temp.
I had it two years ago - it used to happen when i stopped and restarted a few mins later when the engine was already warm.
I think it happens because the heater element isn't working but isn't open circuit so can't be directly detected.

I second this motion.
P0125 more often than not is o2 sensor related.
One of the two in the manifold.

Seeing what the o2 voltages in Torque Pro are doing will tell you a lot about which one is duff.
...neutiquam erro.

Ardent

Is the dox 0204  not the sensor of choice for the front 2.
Has the shorter lead.
Probably no difference re fueling just an observation.

KAZP1962

Thank you for your advice.. I have been reading up about it and as suggested I would also think it's most likely the 'cheapo' sensors which I bought not quite meeting the exacting spec required.   

IF i go into Torque Pro to look at the voltages what would I be looking for .
Thanks.

shnazzle

As far as I can tell there is no difference between dox-0109,dox-0204 and dox-0206 other than the wire lengths, and lack of connector on the 0109.
They're all interchangeable if wires permit.
I'm running a dox-0109 in B2S1 and dox-0206 in B1S1 and B1S2.

I just got another dox-0109. Saves a fair bit of money and I have no issues crimping a connector from the old sensor on.

If you're monitoring the sensor voltages in Torque (at operating temp) , have a look that bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 are similar/same. Hopefully swinging in voltage up and below 0.45v

...neutiquam erro.

KAZP1962

Thanks shnazzle. All I need now is a copy of TorqPro for my windows laptop.
I will post an update as and when..

shnazzle

Quote from: KAZP1962 on May 30, 2019, 12:17
Thanks shnazzle. All I need now is a copy of TorqPro for my windows laptop.
I will post an update as and when..
For windows laptop?
If you're using laptop, might be best to go for something like Scantool.net
...neutiquam erro.

james_ly

Before buying anything, I'd clear code,  reset the battery and take it for a spin and get it hot, see if it comes back.
Although with mine I bit the bullet, bought 3 proper Denso sensors in one go, no problems since!
MR2 gone<br />GT86

Tags: