ECU Master DET3 fitment

Started by Mikeymead, July 31, 2018, 08:10

Mikeymead

Ok, so last night I decided to get off my backside and actually fit the Det3 that I've had sitting in a box for over a year. Plugs in ok and much to my relief the car started up uk on the map that was in there.

Any tips on placement of the Det3, it's a bit like fitting a quart into a pint pot. I was loosing light by this time so will have an other go tonight hopefully.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Dougster7

How'd you get on with this? Looked at these previously and decided against based on the fact that unless you have some decent heavy weight engine mods in there Toyota made the ECU pretty well, all be it non adjustable. What did you have planned for the DET3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2ZZ by Rogue

Mikeymead

Quote from: Dougster7 on October 12, 2018, 22:59
How'd you get on with this? Looked at these previously and decided against based on the fact that unless you have some decent heavy weight engine mods in there Toyota made the ECU pretty well, all be it non adjustable. What did you have planned for the DET3?

Well I did manage to fit it, I needed to remove the metal shield that covers the factory ECU. Not sure if it has made any difference, might be the placebo effect but it does seem to have a bit more go about it and it doesn't run any worse. Not tried altering the map as I'd probably make it worse. I am building a high compression 1zz with stage 1 cams and was hoping to use it for that though I may need to go standalone.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Dougster7

Hope it works out for you, afraid I've not much experience in these things but will follow your progress. Just one thing I saw few months back the corolla guys use for pops, bangs and flames...looks cool but can't be good for the engine [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2ZZ by Rogue

Tags: