Hass Stage II turbo is here!

Started by Slacey, February 22, 2005, 18:51

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Slacey"they can offer far more gas than the stock pump can handle

How much the stock pump can handle anyway?
I'm not sure Tem, it was mentioned to me that the stock pump would be out of puff by the time the 420cc injectors had reached their maximum duty. It could be wrong though - anyone know for sure?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

Quote from: "johnboy"for slacey,  if you import anything  you gotta pay tax on it,  unless its a gift,  so wherever your buying from tell them to label it in large letters as GIFT  this cuts out the tax,  i dont know about in america tho,  the japanese have no problem with this,  my last pacage was 1 cubic metre crate weighing 210kg  labeled as a gift,  pay £0 tax

Sorry, but thats utter balls...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Tax isn't set by the americans or the japanese, its set in the UK by HMC&E.  There is tax relief on gifts, but only for items of low cost, something around the £40 mark or below. Anything of greater value is taxed at the prevailing rates.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "johnboy"And why oh why does everyone keep moaning about hass, the companys american, ITS IN AMERICA, that should say it all!

if you shop around more you'll get a better deal,Ever heard of Trust, Its a TOP japanese tuning company, Trust, do a turbo kit running the same psi, for the same price, with loads of bolt on extras plus all parts which can be chromed or heat treated, they are, it comes as standard, japan make much better quality stuff,  its a fact.  the MR2 Roadster isn't american its japanese,whats a yank doing with a MR2, go get a mustang, i wouldn't buy from hass again, its too much messing and waiting about,

You have come on strong here with some bold and IMO inaccurate statements. Please lets see some proof of what you've got, everyone has access to a digi camera or even most mobiles have them now, so put up or please shut up.

For the record Trust DO NOT make a turbo kit for the mr-s, they may make parts that supply a kit as Tem said the Top Secret, but not a complete Trust branded kit.

As far as a fith injector goes, the right size injectors will handle anything, even if it is NOS coming in at 6000rpm   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  there is no need for a extra injector unless the new ECU can't handle it.

Soooooo we can take it that you have forged internals in your car, who built and prep it? Would be good info for others thinking of the same route.

Anonymous

I like the way that his car is soooooooo powerful (Hass SII and NOS), but it's so secret we can't even see it!

...Whereas Matt@MWR has a car that quite happily p*sses over every other MR2 out there, but he shows it off with the pride it deserves.

Benefit of the doubt time: What magazine is it going to feature in then? And when is it coming out?

Anonymous

So what's the news on your kit Ekona?

I just found the e-mails which show that I wasn't talking bullsh*t. Read the latest news on my never ending adventure with Hass:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtop ... &start=240 m

4 months ago I thought I ordered a turbokit, seems I ordered a handful of problems aswell.

******'** **** **
can anyone guess what it says there? been mentioned by me already a couple of times in this thread   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "RedRaceR"So what's the news on your kit Ekona?

News? What news?   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I've still haven't heard anything from them since I sent those 5 e-mails, but I think there's a public holiday in the US today too, so I certainly expect to hear something tomorrow. If not, more e-mails...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Nice work on posting those e-mails up on SC, btw. Me likes.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "RedRaceR"So what's the news on your kit Ekona?

I just found the e-mails which show that I wasn't talking bullsh*t. Read the latest news on my never ending adventure with Hass:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtop ... &start=240 m

4 months ago I thought I ordered a turbokit, seems I ordered a handful of problems aswell.

******'** **** **
can anyone guess what it says there? been mentioned by me already a couple of times in this thread   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

That's just incredible  s:? :? s:?  Hope you get it figured out...

"idiot who said he'd have swedens only turbo'ed spyder ready for this show but doesn't"

I'm not sure if that's true though. I bought my turbokit used from a guy in Sweden, who already had it over a year ago. Picked it up from Stockholm myself  s8) 8) s8)  Surely he doesn't have it anymore, so you might be Sweden's only turboed Spyder for now...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem""idiot who said he'd have swedens only turbo'ed spyder ready for this show but doesn't"

I'm not sure if that's true though. I bought my turbokit used from a guy in Sweden, who already had it over a year ago. Picked it up from Stockholm myself  s8) 8) s8)  Surely he doesn't have it anymore, so you might be Sweden's only turboed Spyder for now...

But that's exactly what I said Tem??!   s:) :) s:)  
I would be swedens only turboed spyder, seeing as you bought that guys turbo last year! I knew Peter, and he was the first and only one with a turbo in Sweden a while back.

Thanks though, I sure hope it get's solved somehow aswell. It'll be interesting to see if he replies in defensive mode again.

Tem

Ah, I wasn't sure if you knew him  s8) 8) s8)

Quote from: "RedRaceR"Thanks though, I sure hope it get's solved somehow aswell. It'll be interesting to see if he replies in defensive mode again.

I've been reading that thread myself. It's funny how they always seem to blame the customer first  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

*UPDATE*

Jay just e-mailed me saying that my kit is about 1.5 weeks away from shipping, and he hopes to get everything wrapped up by the weeks end.

/me crosses fingers

Slacey

Quote from: "ekona"hopes to get everything wrapped up
Lets pray that statement is literal too - I don't believe there has been a kit shipped with everything in there that should be!

Anonymous

Sean and Mark,
how much did you guys pay for shipping?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "ekona"hopes to get everything wrapped up
Lets pray that statement is literal too - I don't believe there has been a kit shipped with everything in there that should be!

That's exactly what I'm hoping. Anyone want to place bets?

Thought not.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

They have this new guy Carl now who has replaced Mark. Perhaps he knows how to pack a box?

Anonymous

Wow - what a great thread - just read this from start to finish.  I have to say this Hass lot sound a bit too Jim Henson for my liking   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Anyway, I hope you all get your bits sorted soon.  (I also hope you get your Hass kits sonn as well, boom boom)  s:D :D s:D

Ash  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"*UPDATE*

Jay just e-mailed me saying that my kit is about 1.5 weeks away from shipping, and he hopes to get everything wrapped up by the weeks end.

/me crosses fingers

I spoke too soon... My kit's going to be delayed until next week.   s:( :( s:(  

Spoke to the new guy Carl though... Damn, he's good! Within 30mins of sending him an e-mail I'd recieved a reply along with a document I'd requested.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Maybe I'll get a complete kit after all...!  s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Yes, Carl is far more efficient and bullsh*t free than Mark, who in all honesty just used to frustrate the hell out of me with his constant 'tell you what you want to hear' crap.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"I spoke too soon... My kit's going to be delayed until next week.   s:( :( s:(  

Let's hope you didn't speek too soon again. Let's hope that date is actually real.

I'm still trying to solve my problems with Jay. But he is still taking forever to get a reply from. I know Carl is fast, but I just refuse to solve/discuss this with anyone but Jay. That's what put me in this situation in the first place, throwing me over to Mark..

Anonymous

Quote from: "ekona"Maybe I'll get a complete kit after all...!  s:D :D s:D

After reading over at spyderchat, it seems people are still recieving in-complete kits even after the departure of Mark and this last one was far from complete.
If your kit hasn't been shipped out this week, meaning that it's being delayed again, get Carl or Jay to double check and garantee you that every single bit of the kit is in that box.

Well my left exhaust leg and profec were sent out a couple of days ago and should arrive any day now. After alot of forth and back I finally got them to understand Mark's huge messup.

philster_d

What is so complicated ? is every kit extremely different ?

Phil

Tem

Quote from: "RedRaceR"Well my left exhaust leg and profec were sent out a couple of days ago and should arrive any day now.

When/if you get those, do you have all that you ordered?

Jap GT300

Quote from: "philster_d"What is so complicated ? is every kit extremely different ?

Phil

There are two types of kit both with several options, however it seems to be general stuff that is being "stolen by the couriers"  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "RedRaceR"Well my left exhaust leg and profec were sent out a couple of days ago and should arrive any day now.

When/if you get those, do you have all that you ordered?

Yeah, then it's all here and ready to install.

philster_d

I may need some help from you guys when I come to order then.

Philster.

Slacey

Quote from: "philster_d"I may need some help from you guys when I come to order then.

Philster.
Give me a shout if you do then, I am without doubt the UK Hass guru  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: