Removing throttle body mesh

Started by m1tch, September 4, 2017, 12:25

m1tch

Hi all,

I was just in the process of stripping down the space engine ready for a rebuild I had a look at the intake manifold, I noticed when I remove the throttle body from the manifold that the metal gasket between the 2 also has a curved mesh which is quite chunky.

Has anyone removed this mesh? I don't really see what its meant for as this is post the air filter and all the pipework, I understand that its the last part before the intake manifold but I haven't had any other cars that have a mesh like this across the throttle body.

shiny

I fitted an enlarged throttle body and removed the mesh with no problems.

Jacobsprky

Hi all, i removed the mesh, cut away from the gasket and re installed. No ill affects here!

Jacob
01 Silver PFL

m1tch

Good to know, I will look to do that when next in the engine bay, only noticed it when working on the spare engine I am stripping down for a rebuild - will just look to remove the mesh from the centre as I believe the whole piece works as a metal gasket between the plastic intake runners and TB.

M.R.

I just removed whole part where the mesh is. No ill effects that I can see. That was 3 years ago.

Tags: