DNA type switch for the Roadster (DTE Pedalbox)

Started by jvanzyl, October 17, 2016, 17:17

jvanzyl

Look at this on eBay   m http://www.ebay.de/itm/232115256771 m

I can only guess that it goes against the grain for most!
EDIT - i'm totally guessing it's a pile of rubbish.. they claim that they can get rid of "the oem programmed delay in accelerator response"....

MR TWO

Doesn't sound too terrible! Google translation follows (to save every non German speaker looking it all up in a dictionary) :

Product description:

The pedal box 3S DTE improves the standard pre programmed accelerator response of the manufacturer. How does this work? The program button, four different driving modes "SPORT", "SPORT PLUS" and "CITY" will be selected. For fine adjustments are within the driving modes, seven power levels available.
More driving pleasure
The delayed throttle response in modern engines is often a nuisance. If the reaction time improves, makes driving more fun. Acceleration without the famous Puzzle seconds is what motorists want.
Reduced response time
The pedal box improves the standard preprogrammed accelerator response of the manufacturer. How does this work? The program button, four different driving modes can be selected. For fine adjustments are within the driving modes, seven power levels available.
More dynamics
There is no more delay moments. The response of the vehicle is now directly on the amplified signal of the pedal box. The driver receives a sportier and more spontaneous response from the engine. Driving a car is finally fun again!
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

jvanzyl

Well - the thing is.. what "delayed throttle response" ?
Are you basically just introducing a capacitor into the system for the "eco" modes?

Alex Knight

Isn't this for drive-by-wire throttles only?

1ZZ is cable operated.

mrzwei

Yes, if you look at the second diagram on the website it says that the pedal-box is only suitable for vehicles with an electronic 'gas pedal'.

If you enter the specific make and model details for the roadster it says there are no restrictions to its use on the vehicle so, confusing really but if it isn't 'fly by wire' then I guess it won't work.

Interestingly, I think the SMT was 'fly by wire' with, IIRC, the pfl keeping a cable back-up. But memory fades   s:D :D s:D  .
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

MilesH

No good for the roadster (as said above) but I had something similar on an old 330ci and it definitely improved the throttle response. It simply removes the delay that was built in from the factory.

Tags: