Fox exhaust with standard and toyo manifold

Started by dkirkwood89, October 12, 2016, 22:46

dkirkwood89

Hi folks

Finally have some money to spend on my MR2 again and want to get a new exhaust   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  Done plenty of reading and searcing and definitely thinking of going with the fox exhaust.

I just have a standard manifold at the minute but would like the toyosports manifold at some point, although that could be further down the line.

I know quite a few on here have went with the fox option - I am just wondering about fitting. Assuming I just get the exhaust and not the new manifold, is the fit ok with the std manifold? Or is there anything I need to get to fit it correctly?
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

mulaz

i Have the fox exhaust and ran it with the standard (decat) manifold for a year .no problems with fittings etc. got my pattern part gaskets from local parts shop .
You have to remove rear bumper 15 min job , remember this is not a loud exhaust like a cobra  but great on a motorways as it's very easy on the ear  

I then fitted a (free thanks to Dick Sloan) Toyosports manifold  and again no problems with fitting.

The exhaust sounds better with Toyosports when you give it some stick.

Hope this helps
Slowly replacing all the old parts for new parts so that one day i will end up with a brand new car !   s]

loadswine

My Fox system fitted without any issues. It bolts up to the standard cat section, almost as the stock rear section does. I have run mine so far with a couple of downpipe and cat section pipe configurations and it has worked with both. I have used different bolts on the connecting flange though, bearing in mind that I haven't used a stock cat section with it yet. It is designed to connect the same way as a stock rear section. The flange collar rotates, unlike a stock system, but I found that actually aided fitment. Prices, I don't know about, at the moment, and also availability. I suppose the supplier can fill you in on that.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

dkirkwood89

Perfect folks thanks for the advice as always  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

dkirkwood89

Just been looking on dc performance at their fox exhausts, is it just one of these backbones I need then to connect it up to the manifold? Never really thought about it before, always been used to a front engine car

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/853360/toyota/fox-exhaust-backboxes/to082005-593.html

loadswine

Yes, that connects to the standard cat section, similarly to a stock rear box. That is a very good price, by the way. Mine cost a lot more than that, from dcperformance also. That has to be the best price for a quality exhaust, that I've seen for a while. Make sure you like the tip style offered though.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

jvanzyl

That's at least £150 -£200 cheaper than ordering off fox.de website..
How hard is it to change the tips yourself?

dkirkwood89

Aye can't see it cheaper anywhere else. Do any of you know if it comes with all gaskets etc needed for connecting?

mulaz

No Gaskets . i got a set of pattern parts gaskets from my local car parts shop for around a £15
Had no problems in 2 years
Slowly replacing all the old parts for new parts so that one day i will end up with a brand new car !   s]

dkirkwood89

Cheers Mulaz, will order this weekend hopefully

dkirkwood89

Bought   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

But I should have bought it the other night...price is up to 391 lol

disssoof

Would be very interested in your findings on the exhaust.
I need to upgrade the exhaust from a single to double, as I don't think the car looks 'balanced' as it is [personal opinion]..
As TTE exhausts [my favoured solution], in good condition, are getting harder to find I may have to look at alternatives.
Thanks
John

mulaz

£397 Now .... Soon be £400+

disssoof

I know...
I am watching the website prices increase daily   s:( :( s:(

Mikeymead

Quote from: "disssoof"I know...
I am watching the website prices increase daily   s:( :( s:(

Well that will be the weak Pound due to Brexit init!
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

dkirkwood89

s:D :D s:D  Arrived today

Hopefully getting it fitted this week

Tags: