Current places to buy a manifold?

Started by Stifler, September 18, 2016, 15:23

Stifler

Hey all,

I am currently trying to source a new manifold to swap for my original pre-catted one.

On my last 2 I used a toyo sport one but they have none available at the moment and there seems to be nothing available on eBay currently either.

I need one next week as the car is at the mechanics.  I have found one on the mr2 Ben site but it's £160 + delivery and my budget is already blown.

I have the fall back of gutting the existing manifold if I get stuck (well, the mechanic does  s;) ;) s;)  but not sure if this is cost effective.

Is there anywhere I am missing?

Thanks in advance,

-Mark.

Treboeth

Hamish in the affiliates section is currently looking into this if you can hang on a little while.

John is200sport

Quite a few used ones that are aftermarket also jdmhondaparts are still doing theirs, all on ebay.

Essex2Visuvesi

couple of used toysports ones on ebay as well

Stifler

Ah, did a search for jdm honda parts, I see they are American so £120 + import tax and potential delays as well, and I really need delivery in the next week.

I saw one used one in eBay but would prefer new if possible.

Thanks for the tips so far however!

ETA: looks like JDM build tax in and it's only 2 days shipping to UK.   Will most likely go for this and buy some toyota gaskets.  

Does anyone have feedback on the JDM manifold?

TIA  s:) :) s:)

Webrondek

I have had mine for nearly 3 years no problems I think it gives the car a better
exhaust note.

HFB

Toyo sports replied to my email today

"try again in 5 weeks" was their reply.   s:? :? s:?  

HFB
2000 Roadster
Silver (Blue go faster stripe)
2ZZ, Miester Zeta CRD+ Coilovers, Megillian Custom Exhaust & Underbody Brace and 1/2 cage (and working soft top), Patrick Chambers Enclosed air intake and oil cooler, badly re-furbed alloys :D

shnazzle

Quote from: "HFB"Toyo sports replied to my email today

"try again in 5 weeks" was their reply.   s:? :? s:?  

HFB

hmm...that sounds kind of like "we'll see if we can be arsed to make your poxy little MR2 manifolds if you ask again in 5 weeks"
...neutiquam erro.

brettfield999

How urgent are you for one? I have a manifold already decatted you can have the next time I'm in Newcastle for free
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

shnazzle

Quote from: "brettfield999"How urgent are you for one? I have a manifold already decatted you can have the next time I'm in Newcastle for free

Not me that needs it  s:) :) s:)  I've got a spare de-pre-catted manifold sitting in the garage as well.
...neutiquam erro.

brettfield999

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "brettfield999"How urgent are you for one? I have a manifold already decatted you can have the next time I'm in Newcastle for free

Not me that needs it  s:) :) s:)  I've got a spare de-pre-catted manifold sitting in the garage as well.

I meant for Stifler, although you live that way.
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

shnazzle

Quote from: "brettfield999"
Quote from: "shnazzle"

I meant for Stifler, although you live that way.

Oh sorry  s:) :) s:)  Forgot hehe.
I was going to offer Mark but I figured you're after setting this up for track, so having a stock mani wouldn't be worth it for you.
...neutiquam erro.

Stifler

Thanks for the very kind offer.  I actually managed to get a second hand toyo from ebay so will be fitting that - once the CEL that came up on Sunday is diagnosed  s:( :( s:(

keeper2611

I'm not in Newcastle, but I wouldn't mind taking this off your hands if you don't want it.
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

Tags: