MWR Group Buy?

Started by brettfield999, August 30, 2016, 18:24

brettfield999

Has anyone ever thought about having MWR group buy?  Maybe not in the same way as the normal group buys but a few of us go in on a order once a quarter or twice a year so that we can share the shipping and import tax?
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

shnazzle

I was just talking to an American relative about what options there are to shift things this way.
Unfortunately short of stuffing it in a suitcase and flying, and hoping for the best at the customs desk, it's an unfortunate case of paying up.

It wouldn't need to be a group buy of one item per se.
But a crate/big box full of stuff for people in the UK sent to one central address may indeed save shipping.

It won't save on duty and tax though. So, you have to weigh up how much you're saving in shipping and see if it's worth it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

Anonymous

Saving on postage will make a small change in duty as your not paying all the postage. It's a great idea, but working out the duty will be a big arse of a job.

brettfield999

I hear you. It just seems criminal how much is charged for postage on small items.
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

secla

i agree, $26 for 3 coolant caps   s:? :? s:?

onion86

I paid $60 tax / postage on some $50 injector clips so I definitely see how this would be a good idea  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

hiace82

Don't want to promote a certain shop but there's a firm in the netherlands (rideround.nl) that supplies goods that they import from the U.S and from Monkeywrench in particular. I bought a couple of items for my engine rebuild from them and most of the articles are reasonably priced given the import taxes.

Postage from MWR is absolutely horrendous.

jvanzyl

And I rideround.nl website hit count goes through the roof....

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

shnazzle

Quote from: "hiace82"Don't want to promote a certain shop but there's a firm in the netherlands (rideround.nl) that supplies goods that they import from the U.S and from Monkeywrench in particular. I bought a couple of items for my engine rebuild from them and most of the articles are reasonably priced given the import taxes.

Postage from MWR is absolutely horrendous.

Why would you keep this hidden?!  s:) :) s:)

As the site's in Dutch, give me a shout if you need anything ordering  s:) :) s:)
Can also supply Dutch address to ship to if needed.
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

Holy crap!!
There is SO much on here I want haha!
I can see me visiting my dad there soon....

3-blink indicator retro-fit. Amazing
 m http://www.rideround.nl/shop/3-514-1644 ... pe-ii.html m
...neutiquam erro.

hiace82

Guys do seem pretty helpful there as well - just be sure to order items in time as you might have to wait a little. Ah, and my Google Chrome browser does the automatic translation for this website, made things a little easier for me  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

jvanzyl

flipping gold mine!!!

m http://www.rideround.nl/shop/3-559-1649 ... yaris.html m

no who DOESN'T want special door clasps - TRD no less! that improve the handling!!???

totally want that front bumper though... TTE... dribble...

Tags: