Camber adjustments with Tein springs?

Started by Cailsey, July 27, 2016, 19:29

Cailsey

Hi all,
With my car having lots of lovely new bits fitted, (Tein S lowering springs, new rear subframe, refurbished stock FL wheels with AD08R tyres), I am going to have a full geo set up at Abbey Motorsport.
I had originally been planning to build a track car, but due to a recent back injury and imminent spine surgery I have decided that it may be not wise to pursue that any more.
So with the car now being an everyday fun B road blaster, I'm guessing a standard/fast road setup would suffice?
With that in mind what, adjustment would I be loking for in terms of camber now the car is lowered? I'm a little confused as I shall be fitting front and rear eccentric shank/cam type camber bolts but all of those on the market seem to offer different levels of adjustment; Toyota OE in three options with Whiteline and Eibach offering different amounts of adjustment too?
I guess all cars are different too so there is no exact figure, but I just don't know which to buy - or with my lack of MR2 knowledge am I just thinking too much about it?
Fortunately with all of the suspension components having been recently dismantled there are no seized bolts to worry about. Even my droplinks came apart nicely - mind you, I had been dosing them with plus gas daily for the previous week!!

Ardent

A 2 on fresh suspension and rubber with a stock geo set up is a happy combo.

Same position as yourself. I went to Wheels in motion and let them do their thing. I went for their "house" B road set up.
Very happy with that. More than good enough for my needs.
To help, I turned up with Toyotas own shallow shank bolts. Part number 90105-14147. £3.50 a pop.   s:D :D s:D  

Sorted

Cailsey

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'm assuming same bolts front and rear? so 4 of them?

Ardent

Yes.
But, you may not need them.

Wheels in motion chap that done mine, only required 1.
Just depends.

Cailsey

Ok, no probs. I have a friend who works in a MrT dealership and can usually do sale or return.
Many thanks again.

Ardent

Thats handy.

stupink

If your cars half decent.. the grips going to be more than you need for road use without worrying about whether the cambers even or even if you have any etc..  get the toe set and I wouldn't personally worry about camber..  with just springs on, fronts will be very tame around 1/4 a degree and rears will be about 1.5degrees, which is gonna grip like mad with the ad08r, I've ran like it recently while I'm playing with geometry myself, and only issue is understeer on VERY tight bends when pushing on.. imagine doing a U turn on a mini-roundabout at 25mph lol.. so I've put camber bolts on mine (powerflex), but only because I use it on track and get understeer on less tight corners at 50mph ish.. (castle combe quarry for example)
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Cailsey

Thanks for your reply Stupink, I guess one reason for my concern was that pretty much all of the suspension components have been apart and just bolted back together. Your reply has got me very excited about driving the car on it's new rubber and correct suspension settings.......

Tags: