Custom Or Off The Shelve Exhaust

Started by ColinC, December 19, 2015, 14:56

ColinC

I am going to change my exhaust this coming year and my options are a Fox exhaust for about £350 or a custom one by Stainless Creations in Falkirk for £410 if I get it before the end of January. I have explained that I want a more mature sound that does not tell everyone else you are here. The company seems to have a good reputation and the cost is lower due to them being quiet at this time of the year. I get to choose tail pipes etc. The risk is that it will be too loud, but I presume they will ensure that its not. Which would you do?
The second question is regarding insurance, I got a quote for a different twin pipe exhaust and they told me that as long as it did not improve performance more than 10% it would be £2 more on my premium, not I cant see how a new exhaust would improve performance by that much I was expecting it to be the same or possibly 1 or 2 BHP more, if anything. Am I right in thinking this?

Thanks
Colin

Jrichards20

No, The exhaust won't improve it by 10%. Probs 5bhp. But as you haven't dynod it before hand. You won't know. Plus being an old car like these, you've probably lost a few horses over the years, so you won't ever go above 10% factory bhp figures with a new exhaust.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

ColinC

Cheers,Jrichards20, that confirmed what I thought, if it was as easy as changing the exhaust to get 10% performance improvement, I think a lot more would do it.

Colin

topsyde

Hi Colin, There's a guy in EK that does exhaust too called simons customs,5 Peel Park Pl, East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire G74 5LW
Heard he's good too

Jim

Dougster7

Stainless creations are excellent, they'll get it to sound exactly as you want and great price too.
2ZZ by Rogue

ColinC

Cheers,Dougster 7, thats good to have his reputation confirmed. Think this is the route I will go down, and as you say the price is good at the moment. Jim, Falkirk is convenient for my work, so can sort out leaving it for the day. Thanks.

Colin

Tags: