Iridium Spart Plugs

Started by fantasque, December 15, 2015, 20:36

fantasque

Going to lay up the MR2 over winter and do some upgrades. Looking to upgrade the plugs to Iridium and wondered what make to go for? Any recomendations guys.
Silver 2001 - Markiii Inlet & TRD Panel Filtre - TTE Springs - Facelift Alloys in Anthracite with Toyo's - Pre-Cat free

shnazzle

Ngk is an obvious and popular choice.
Denso are peachy too
...neutiquam erro.

fantasque

Whose are the two on my short list...
Silver 2001 - Markiii Inlet & TRD Panel Filtre - TTE Springs - Facelift Alloys in Anthracite with Toyo's - Pre-Cat free

StuC

Time to flip a coin to decide then?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I have ngk's and I can't complain.   :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Jock

Why   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  ??

Iridium may give longevity but at what cost?  No increase in performance   s:( :( s:(  

As an aside is "Spart" an anagram for "prats"   s:( :( s:(  

Just asking   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

mrzwei

I would agree with the above. It's all about life not performance. So with cars on a long service schedule like my Golf then it's an issue.
Stock plugs are cheap really so not much point in going that route unless you need to. Go with what Toyota recommend and their change frequency.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

ChrisGB

The way I see it, the less often you disturb the connectors and wiring to change plugs, the better.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

cptspaulding

Quote from: "ChrisGB"The way I see it, the less often you disturb the connectors and wiring to change plugs, the better.

& don't walk under ladders   s:P :P s:P  

Not sure either would make any odds.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Tags: