Sparco r100 instalation help

Started by kostonhumar, November 3, 2015, 10:02

kostonhumar

Hi guys me again,

bought a r100 seat and haven't got any guide rails.... so where could I get the correct ones or how would I approach it?

cheers,
I like it sideways!!

Mr2-s 1999 stock (For now!!!)  :?
Pug 106 ralle   8)

mr-ed_smt

You'll need to bodge (sorry, "fabricate") some together using the standard rails. The only off-the-shelf aftermarket seat mounts are the Rogue ones, but they're only suitable for side mounting bucket sets (which I don't think yours is?)
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

kostonhumar

no they aren't. hmmm il have to get crafty and work something out...
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

andyroo104

I thought there were some sparco mounts and slide rails for sale in the Private sales section.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

kostonhumar

!!!
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

mr-ed_smt

Quote from: "andyroo104"I thought there were some sparco mounts and slide rails for sale in the Private sales section.
feralcrews? it says they are for side-mounted seats, which his seat isn't.
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

andyroo104

Just noticed that,my bad.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

kostonhumar

it's weld or sell
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

mr-ed_smt

How tall are you? Once it's on rails that R100 is likely to be considerably higher than a stock seat. IMO the standard seat is about the best option (for driving position at least), unless you're going to go for a proper bucket seat and side mount it.

kostonhumar

6'0 is there a universal side mount or a specific one?
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

mr-ed_smt

Nothing universal - if you take the seat out you'll see that the Roadster has an unusual bolt layout for seat runners (4 at slight angles on the floor, and 1 on the side of the central tunnel). Rogue Motorsport sell Roadster-specific brackets for side mounted bucket seats. Loads written on here about them, do a search.

kostonhumar

will do id have to drill in to the seat though seeing as the seat isn't side mounted but I suppose it's fine as I got it for dirt cheap
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

mr-ed_smt

I wouldn't personally - how sure would you be that your drilled holes would stop the seat tearing free in an accident?

kostonhumar

very true. weld or sell lol thinking its going on ebay lol
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "kostonhumar"very true. weld or sell lol thinking its going on ebay lol

I could be interested if selling.

Tags: