Front 205 tyre options - RE040?

Started by js1mr2, October 29, 2015, 22:36

js1mr2

I recently bought a set of pfl rear wheels to run on the front of my fl MR2. The tyres that came on them are very worn 205/50/15s and I planned to replace them with Bridgestone Potenza RE040 tyres to match the tyres I have on the rear but am having difficulty finding them in this size. Do Bridgestone make them in this size and if so where can you order them from?

Cheers Jeremy

Treboeth

Re002 Adrenalin are available in that size, but can't see the Re040 [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

Ardent

Do believe they are no longer made.
if you do find any, check the date on them

js1mr2

What's the difference between the Re002 and the Re040?

Davegtst

Totally different tyres.  I used to have Re040's but they stopped making them and have changed to Re002's now.

js1mr2

Are they designed for the same purpose (summer/winter, speed etc) or a completely different style? Would it cause any issues running the Re040 on the rear and Re002 on the front?

Richard41

i've been running different Potenza's front & back for a few months after not being able to find RE040's and no issues so far.

Joesson

Some time ago I spoke to Bridgestone technical department concerning the standard sizes they had to suit my PFL 2 .
They suggested different pattern for front and rear would be OK.
I decided on four Falkens that were available in same size/ type.
It is a different situation when changing only two tyres as oten cost must be a consideration and two tyres are going to be less cost than four the same!
There was a time when radial or cross ply tyres were available and these were a no no on front / rear, but I suggest that todays tyres, from a major brand, driven within limits (of the car and  the driver), with a differing pattern front/ rear, from the same manufacturer should be very acceptable.

Tags: