rear tyre size

Started by mickeyfish, October 9, 2015, 23:43

mickeyfish

I have 195/55/r15s all round. Would fitting 215s on the rear do the job.

Anonymous

Sounds like a good idea. 195 and 215 is the correct stagger I believe

onion86

Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

CrazySX

Covered above. Ignore

mickeyfish

cannot get proper quote for 215/55/r15,,,,am i not doing it right. or would 205s be ok for the stagger,( don't seem enough to me with 205). I have after market alloys,15" dezent all round.

Anonymous

Try 215 50 15

Ardent

should be a little sticker in the bottom of the glove box. Teels what should be fitted. hope that helps

mickeyfish

called a local tyre fitters this morning. he recommend, 215/45/r15...or 205/50/r15. does that sound about right?.  not had the car long, don't know a lot about em. got new alloys on because the stock ones were knackered. they fitted 195/55/15 all round. seems to drive ok to me, although I never go too fast, ( so peeps can see my lovely little car). now I am concerned that something is wrong with the wheel/tyre combination. when I look on't tinterweb,,all I get is confused........what tyres can I put on the back to make my baby better.

Anonymous

The phenomenon you speak of is tyre stagger;

The fronts are narrower than the rears. This is done from new manufacture to promote understeer in the car for a safety feature - understeer is considered safer and easier to understand by average joe, than oversteer.

A lot of people try to keep the correct stagger, so if they move up to 195s on the front, they go to 215 on the rear.

If you only "cruise around" I'm sure you will never notice a difference with the same size all round.

If you are concerned about the balance then go to 215 on the rear and ensure the profile section is correct to keep the same rolling radius

mickeyfish

thanks for that,,,i will start looking for 215s then.

Tags: