elise parts sump

Started by tommyzoom99, September 29, 2015, 13:19

tommyzoom99

HI All

Has anyone fitted a elise parts sump to a 1zz, can they confirm they fit and have no issues if this is the case.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

I've got one and the quality is excellent, expensive but fit and forget in my opinion

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"I've got one and the quality is excellent, expensive but fit and forget in my opinion

hi Meerrrk

but you are running yours on a 2zz,   s:D :D s:D  

i just wan t to make sure it will fit my 1zz before i pull the trigger on it as its 500 quid,

The obx sump is a bag of poo, took a gamble and did not pay off   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   had to drill almost every hole to get it to fit and now its leaking from a cracked weld so im not entertaining it any more and want a elise parts sump.

it could be welded but i have lost confidence in it now

am i right in thinking 1zz and 2zz have the same bolting pattern for each sump i.e 1zz sump fits on a 2zz engine. and there wont be any issues with the oil pick up as from the pictures it looks like there is no windage tray in the elise parts sump?

also want to know if there is clearance around the flywheel as im not sure if they are different on a 2zz

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Hi Tommy,

Yes they fit the 1zz exactly the same. I spoke to Elise parts and they confirmed it would be fine too.

When mine was fitted, the mechanic had just fitted an OBX to another engine and said exactly the same, it was a nightmare but the Elise parts item was a totally different ball game.

It is expensive but I wouldn't be without it.

Anonymous

They are the same in bolting patterns, people with 2zz have fitted 1zz sumps with only having to modify the windage plate.

Also in terms of vulture I got a welder and would be interested in the obx sump

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Hi Tommy,

Yes they fit the 1zz exactly the same. I spoke to Elise parts and they confirmed it would be fine too.

When mine was fitted, the mechanic had just fitted an OBX to another engine and said exactly the same, it was a nightmare but the Elise parts item was a totally different ball game.

It is expensive but I wouldn't be without it.

cheers meerrrk that all i needed to pull the trigger  s:) :) s:)  elise parts it is  s:) :) s:)

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "rbuckingham"They are the same in bolting patterns, people with 2zz have fitted 1zz sumps with only having to modify the windage plate.

Also in terms of vulture I got a welder and would be interested in the obx sump

hi rbuckingham

well i would be more than willing to sell the sump to you  s:) :) s:)  we have gone through all the ball ache of taking it on and off 3 times and drilling holes etc the mounting face seats flat against the block so its all good, so it would just need a weld fixing, the crack is about 4mm long in the corner i can supply pics if you like, the sump is full of oil and is just weeping out so its not a major crack but enough to leak.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Pics and love a price  s:) :) s:)

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Pics and love a price  s:) :) s:)

how does 100 quid sound? half the price i paid, i will get some pics up tomorrow for you buddy im out and about tonight.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tomaky

Ive had my welds checked and 1 seam touched up on my obx. The welds that i had done by a lad at work looked better that what had been done. Its going on at the weekend hopefully the holes wont be an issue.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Anonymous

Quote from: "tommyzoom99"

how does 100 quid sound? half the price i paid, i will get some pics up tomorrow for you buddy im out and about tonight.

cheers tommy

Would that be delivered?

I'll await pics  s:) :) s:)

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "rbuckingham"
Quote from: "tommyzoom99"

how does 100 quid sound? half the price i paid, i will get some pics up tomorrow for you buddy I'm out and about tonight.

cheers tommy

Would that be delivered?

I'll await pics  s:) :) s:)

yeah £100 delivered buddy

heres a pic of the sump off the car before fitting

this is fitted to our car with the crack marked up its hard to actually photograph the crack as its so small but its right on the corner marked

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tomaky

Good to know buddy. Hopefully mine will be okay fingers crossed.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "tomaky"Good to know buddy. Hopefully mine will be okay fingers crossed.

the thing i was worried about was the sump seating up to the block but that was fine and got a good seal so just a shame about the crack.

but yeah should be ok, im pretty sure you'll need to drill some holes, also get a couple bolts for the fly wheel end as you'll never be able to tighten the nuts with a socket, we just got some allen key bolts and a couple washers,

also there are 2 studs you will need to fit into the block before the sump goes on as you wont be able to get them in once the sump is fitted. they are the studs where the drain plug is, something we missed put sealant on put in about 10 stud tightneded them up and oohh cant get 2 in   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tommyzoom99

well i have just brought a Elise parts sump  s:) :) s:)  happy days,

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Ok tommy ill take it, let me know when you got it off. Also will you be sending the studs with due to the thicker flange.

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Ok tommy ill take it, let me know when you got it off. Also will you be sending the studs with due to the thicker flange.

HI rbuckingham

ok thats a deal

hopefully i'll get the elise parts sump before this weekend, so we should have it off this weekend if not it will defo be he next weekend, i will send all the fitting hardware for it and the allen bolts and washers we used on the flywheel end as the studs don't work.

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

tommyzoom99

hi all

small update,

removed the old obx sump, and fitted the elise parts sump.............although the elise parts sump is very good much better fitting hardware and welds etc, it still needed 3 holes opening up as they just didnt quite line up, dont seem to get any luck with sumps   s:( :( s:(  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Quote from: "tommyzoom99"hi all

small update,

removed the old obx sump, and fitted the elise parts sump.............although the elise parts sump is very good it still needed 3 holes opening up as they just didnt quite line up, dont seem to get any luck with sumps   s:( :( s:(  

cheers tommy

That's very frustrating - I'd be disappointed. It's a nice bit of kit though isn't it. Is it all on and sealed now?

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"
Quote from: "tommyzoom99"hi all

small update,

removed the old obx sump, and fitted the elise parts sump.............although the elise parts sump is very good it still needed 3 holes opening up as they just didnt quite line up, dont seem to get any luck with sumps   s:( :( s:(  

cheers tommy

That's very frustrating - I'd be disappointed. It's a nice bit of kit though isn't it. Is it all on and sealed now?

Well im pretty disappointed mark buddy for 500 quid i'd expect it to line up first time but it was way closer then the obx, the hole weren't far off i could of probably got the bolts in but with some brute force but didnt want to damage the threads so they required 0.5mm-1mm opening out and was only 3 holes instead of every hole.

It is a very nice bit of kit much better design baffle and weld wise and the fitting hardware is much better too.

Well its on the car ran out of time to seal it and stuff so have another go next weekend or something

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Hi tommy, money ready to go for the sump, just send me a pm with details and ill get it across tonight

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Hi tommy, money ready to go for the sump, just send me a pm with details and ill get it across tonight

HI rbuckingham

ok buddy no worries i will Pm the detail to you if you could PM me your address etc that would be ideal

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Tags: