Semi slick tyre question

Started by Ratty, September 25, 2015, 08:53

shnazzle

The AD08s get me hard... around bends!
...neutiquam erro.

Ratty

Quote from: "shnazzle"The AD08s get me hard... around bends!
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ....just as well they dont do a 'soft' compound option hey?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I love ad08s

Sadlebag

im running 205/50/16 on the front and 225/45/16 on the back. just about as wide as you can go for the mr2. The r in the ad08 range is to show a different compound, they are a bit softer now.

Ratty

Quote from: "Sadlebag"I'm running 205/50/16 on the front and 225/45/16 on the back. just about as wide as you can go for the mr2. The r in the ad08 range is to show a different compound, they are a bit softer now.
All good info,thanks bud   s:) :) s:)  
Gonna stick with 185 up front but just trying to decide between 215 and 225 at rear.
But TBH only the fronts need changing right now (2mm) so will just get fronts and sort the rears when they need it.
There nearly new the back ones and are a good brand so will just feel my way into having more front end grip till the rears need doing.

Anonymous

I wouldn't mix them like that

Ratty

Yes,not ideal......going to trial it......if it feels pants or is dangerous will have to fork out 200 squid for a set of rears too   s:| :| s:|

ChrisGB

With the R888, I went 195 front 225 rear to maintain stagger, and 50 profile on front for closest diameter match to the 185/55.

Never had issues running R888 all year round. Standing water aside, I find them exceptional.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Ratty"Yes,not ideal......going to trial it......if it feels pants or is dangerous will have to fork out 200 squid for a set of rears too   s:| :| s:|

Don't know what you have on the rear, but that sounds like a good way to get some surprise oversteer, just when you need it least.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Ratty

Quote from: "ChrisGB"
Quote from: "Ratty"Yes,not ideal......going to trial it......if it feels pants or is dangerous will have to fork out 200 squid for a set of rears too   s:| :| s:|

Don't know what you have on the rear, but that sounds like a good way to get some surprise oversteer, just when you need it least.
I hear what your saying mate...and noted
On the back are Nankang Noble Sport Ns-20 XL

stupink

Quote from: "Ratty"Or the safest option but less ultimate dry grip of the AD08R's,
595 are not as grippy as AD08R in my experience (two different cars). very similar tyres, dont think of them as worse, just different.   i'm on 205/45 225/45 both 16, steering response suffers a little but not to the point of meh.. balence is great wet and dry.
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Ratty

Quote from: "stupink"
Quote from: "Ratty"Or the safest option but less ultimate dry grip of the AD08R's,
595 are not as grippy as AD08R in my experience (two different cars). very similar tyres, dont think of them as worse, just different.   i'm on 205/45 225/45 both 16, steering response suffers a little but not to the point of meh.. balence is great wet and dry.

Thanks for info dude......yep,with that info,mind finally made up.....am ordering AD08R from camskill   s:D :D s:D  
Many thanks to everyone for their imput...much appreciated   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Tags: