Ineed your N/A knowledge

Started by kostonhumar, August 21, 2015, 16:27

kostonhumar

Hi,

Jumping on the wagon and dropping a 2zz in my Mr-s jap import. it's my first major mechanical project. I used to race karts and occasionally rally but my dad has built all my cars so I have never need to really dirty my hands, most I have done is change a alternator and wish bone. so I got a pro hand if needed, but want to go it alone!!

looking for advice on gaining N/a power on 2k budget. (budget for the year)

Please help this noob

Mr2-s Jap import 1999 stock car (lowered 66mm eibach springs )
I like it sideways!!

Mr2-s 1999 stock (For now!!!)  :?
Pug 106 ralle   8)

Anonymous

Get the engine in and see if you want more

Jiff Lemon

Tend to agree with Meeerrrk; Don't go hunting for more power initially. Spend your budget making sure your donor is in tip top condition, so you've a reliable base to start from if you go on the power hunt.

Clean up the head,new timing chain, oilpump head gasket etc.

kostonhumar

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Get the engine in and see if you want more

ah I see I see then can I put  a brewsters millions to you (2k to spend on mechanical improvements what would you do how much and where from?)
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

vtifan

Quote from: "kostonhumar"
Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Get the engine in and see if you want more

ah I see I see then can I put  a brewsters millions to you (2k to spend on mechanical improvements what would you do how much and where from?)
cams,apexi standalone,tuning will just about do your 2k,you will also need a decent exhaust as the available swap manifold original exhaust strangles the 2zz

doodlepugg

Standard 2zz on a good mani is plenty quick enough. Beyond that cams, ECU is the basis. Then it's total rebuild for maximum RPM and balance.

kostonhumar

Quote from: "doodlepugg"Standard 2zz on a good mani is plenty quick enough. Beyond that cams, ECU is the basis. Then it's total rebuild for maximum RPM and balance.

ah i see and if you had 2k how would you spend it and on what?
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

Anonymous

Quote from: "kostonhumar"
Quote from: "doodlepugg"Standard 2zz on a good mani is plenty quick enough. Beyond that cams, ECU is the basis. Then it's total rebuild for maximum RPM and balance.

ah i see and if you had 2k how would you spend it and on what?

Baffled sump, lightened flywheel, new oil pump, coilovers and bushing and new upgraded brakes all round, some fully synth oil and spend the rest on petrol

kostonhumar

lol petrol i knew i forgot something!!! =P
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

doodlepugg

Exactly this ^
Handling and reliability mods come first.
Then a quaiffe sequential 'box. The 2zz would be bloody incredible with a sequential 'box.

kostonhumar

I just installed a k&n induction kit and a blitz cat back exhaust.  s:) :) s:)
I like it sideways!!

Pug 106 ralle   8)

Tags: