Proflow or Powerflow

Started by dkirkwood89, July 27, 2015, 13:21

dkirkwood89

I've seen a few comments in posts mentioning that proflow is the new name for powerflow. I only saw these after looking up about powerflow.

I saw the following 2 website and they both look like they are in business. Which is the real deal?

m http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/ m

m http://www.proflowexhausts.com/ m
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

Anonymous

It's my understand they are different companies, just similar names

tomaky

Got a powerflow on mine you really have to play the individual powerflow suppliers to each other and you will get the price down from about £350-400 to £250.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

dkirkwood89

good job cheers  s:) :) s:)

going to have a look into it properly later in the year

Fin

I got a second hand Pro-flow a little while ago (tbh, I thought they were the same thing as Powerflow!!)
Very nice noise, lovely burble, and starts to sound lively at about 3k. Also sounds fantastic in tunnels and narrow roads.
It's a little bit loud in the cabin, but I am running it straight through at the moment. I will get around to wrapping the silencer at some point, to see if that quietens things down a little inside the car  s:D :D s:D
Whether it makes the slightest difference to performance, I couldn't say. I don't track the car, or drive particularly fast (hem hem!), so any difference could well be purely emotional.
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

dkirkwood89

Cheers folks

I have to admit I like the fact that the MR2 is quiet when just driving around calmly through the town etc. I'd want to mimic that in my new exhaust but just have a nicer burbley noise when reving it. What you say Fin sounds about that?

Out of interest do you have any videos?

Quote from: "Fin"I got a second hand Pro-flow a little while ago
Out of interest Fin - did you get a full exhaust system, manifold, just back box etc?

Fin

I don't think you could ever call my exhaust 'quiet' as it stands  s:D :D s:D
I'm running stainless steel all the way through, with no cat atm. I plan to muffle the silencer when I get a chance, I think it's quite small, so it's noisy in the cab. I got the backbox and B pipe together, the manifold was a fleabay special.
I don't have any videos, but I will be at Dong day,, if you're going.
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

dkirkwood89

Ah I'd love to but Im in Northern Ireland and our new season will just have started with football so I can't really miss it  s:( :( s:(

Tags: