Shocks and springs help

Started by mr mr2, July 10, 2015, 21:56

mr mr2

Can any one help I've got a pfl car does fl suspension shocks springs bolt on to a pfl as I'm thing off getting tein springs but not sure if I should put them on my shocks as they have done lots off miles was thinking off getting some low mileage  shocks to put them on what is this best thing to do   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Excelsior

Tomo70

Don't quote me on this. I am sure there are more Knowledgable people on here than me. I seem to remember reading somewhere when I was sorting mine that face lift model was a slight higher ride height for USA market.

Budget is probably gonna be your main concern. For new springs and shocks your gonna look at £150 a corner + other bits because you will need drop links etc. I would not risk using second hand shocks unless you have history.

Tom
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

mr mr2

Not sure what to do might think about coilovers but there not cheap and my car is just a weekend toy I will have to see if there's any on eBay for 99P as my wife might see what I'm biding on
Excelsior

Tomo70

I know that feeling. If my wife knew how much I had spent on the car. I would have to buy here a couple of new wardrobes of clothes   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

mr mr2

I used to tell Anne everything I bought was 99p but she's just got a iPhone and has got eBay app on it MY ACCOUNT details are on it so she now knows everything I get and how much
Excelsior

tomaky

Change you password online and dont tell her it! Hehe
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

mr mr2

lol that won't work if forget the new password and have to get Anne to sort it out I think I'll stick to 99p stickers for my 2 now
Excelsior

Reme

Don't tell to many lies. You might get wot you want if your upfront about things....

weeJohn

Tell her it was half the price it was, easy to remember and if she ever finds out differently you can say that was the price for 2 and later you realised you needed another 2.

Mark A

I'm using Apexi springs and KYB shocks, nice smooth ride, a little firmer and about 1inch lower. Not intending it as a track tool therefore perfect and within budget.

l'lI report back once its settled and had a4 wheel alignment with negative camber added

mr mr2

Thanks mark A that sounds good
Excelsior

Mark A

I bought the springs from Eurocarparts when they had a blow out sale and got another 20% off.

Tags: