V6 mk3 project thread ( vid added Page 8 + page 10)

Started by paul Woods, September 1, 2007, 14:37

Liz

<<shakes fist and comes running after you>>
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

paul Woods

edward.carter

I'm sure we have all seen them before, but its these isnt it....  m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb3THwZjnHY m   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

custardavenger

Already tried that one.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

northernalex

Phil, myself and Steve (my brother) all bimbled down to Woodsport today to take a look at loadsawine's car. And the engine and workmanship looks fantastic! Paul has done a fantastic job.

He started up a MR2 MK2 with a V6 Camery engine and a TRD supercharger and it sounded amazing! Proper low down rumble that steve said "you can feel it through your feet!"

Cheers for making us feel welcome Paul.

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

paul Woods

more than welcome here anytime lads

evileye_wrx

"I know the secret mo-d I know the secret mo-d!" :: Dances about ::

Collected 10.30pm last night, delivered 12.30pm today. Oooooh its going to be a good one!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

loadswine

A massive thank you to Phil for collecting the secret bit and delivering it to Paul. You should appear on the list of official credits for keeping the build on track!  s8) 8) s8)  
Nice one mate, I owe you big time for this one.  s:) :) s:)  
Glad Alex and Steve liked the thing in the flesh, can't wait till I do!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

paul Woods

yes phil many thanks for collecting it from ann summers... now we just have to make it fit the drivers seat   s:D :D s:D

aaronjb

So it's a "driver locating pin"? (think about it, folks...  s;) ;) s;) )

That's one way of stopping yourself from sliding out of the drivers seat, I suppose!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

DannyN

Quote from: "aaronjb"So it's a "driver locating pin"? (think about it, folks...  s;) ;) s;) )

That's one way of stopping yourself from sliding out of the drivers seat, I suppose!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

A kinky persons CG lock ????  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

loadswine

Well folks, as of 16.50 GMT...... ITS ALIVE!!  s:D :D s:D    s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
I haven't heard it myself yet, but Paul says she's got a sweet sound on tickover, and no worries, he will post vid in due course.
Brill feeling this, the first V6 powered Roadster in the UK.
Yayy!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Liz

Nice on Nigel - congratulations!   s:D :D s:D    Can't wait to see the video.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Great news Nige, can't wait to hear her in action!  s:D :D s:D

markiii

sweet, congrats, just don't make me want one  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "Liz"Nice on Nigel - congratulations!   s:D :D s:D    Can't wait to see the video.

Sod that - I want a go   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)  

Great news
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

loadswine

So do I!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

northernalex

FANTASTIC!!!  Thats great news!

Well done Paul.. and nice one Nige!!!
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

heathstimpson

Nice one Nige; don't forget to pass by me on your journey home  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

loadswine

That is gonna be a long day!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Just for info guys, pickup is on for 17th November, as the wiring still has to be finished. ( Paul fired up the V6 on about 5 wires to begin with, just to get it fired up and check for leaks etc)
Not a lot of progress today ,as Paul had to do a few other bits as well.
I am reliably informed that some vid will be posted up on Monday.
So the wiring and a host of little tidying jobs, plus the surprise bit ( no its not from any dodgy shop   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
Then all the systems will need testing to make sure they all work as they did before.
And then we're in business......   s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)

philster_d

Quote from: "loadswine"So the wiring and a host of little tidying jobs, plus the surprise bit

Did he replace the airbag with a boxing glove ?

loadswine

Well that would be a surprise.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   That's so Roadrunner!

paul Woods

ive fitted nigels shoes with acme jet powered roller skates,you cant beat a good roadrunner mod   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

How exciting Nigel!

Don't forget that I bagged a little go in her too!    s8) 8) s8)    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

loadswine

No worries Sandi, You'll get a blast in it.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
 I'm going to try and let as many people experience the V6 as I can. It may take a while, but folks have been very supportive on this thread and I'd like to give them an opportunity to experience it in the flesh.  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: