TTE Intercooler

Started by markiii, June 10, 2007, 11:19

markiii

Since most people haven't seen how small it is here are some pics taken by Si when we examined Liz's over the pit. following the fox incident.

It can be so small due to the fantastic placement

oh dear bye bye fox!

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Mark, would you say theres enough room there to fit a larger intercooler  s:?: :?: s:?:

markiii

yes but you would have to lose teh existing hard pipes.

are you sure you need one?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

just keeping an open mind for future reference, i want to push for 280bhp, im thinking about the cooling system and other things that might be worth the upgrade, i think id rather go over the top, if you know what i mean?!

markiii

if your going to do that consider a chargecooler

Anonymous

would that be simple enough to do with the current setup, sorry but this is where i start to get lost!!

Wabbitkilla

Looks like a good position for a charge-cooler rad to me  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

spit

Any signs of wear on this hose joint Mark? this is the one that was almost split through on Phil's car due to nappy-rub.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

Where nappies are concerned it's called "chafe"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

BTW that "hard" pipe looks like it's taken a bash up the back of the engine, surely that's not normal?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

Ste, never thought to check, but that pic implies there is

Nic, the pic desn't show it but teh pipe is flattened slightly for clearance on something. I forget what but remember commenting to Liz, that it was done for a reason

markiii

Quote from: "bossman23780"would that be simple enough to do with the current setup, sorry but this is where i start to get lost!!

in theory, but as Stu and I converting to chargecoolers soon, you '/ll see soon

spit

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"BTW that "hard" pipe looks like it's taken a bash up the back of the engine, surely that's not normal?

The hard pipe goes from a round to a flat x-section to clear the half shaft - so it can look a bit dinged at the transition.
*edit - as Mark said, but with the reason added  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  *

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Ste, never thought to check, but that pic implies there is

Nic, the pic desn't show it but the pipe is flattened slightly for clearance on something. I forget what but remember commenting to Liz, that it was done for a reason

Why wouldnt all the 2's with TTET be suffering this, im going to take a look at mine, but touch wood, ive the TTET the longest without troubles!

kanujunkie

if you need the list of parts for the CC install then drop us a pm, i will post a how to when its done though
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

I am worried about that rubber junction on the pipe now - touch wood mine is running ok.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

spit

Don't panic Liz - the rubber is quite substantial so if they're going to split it'd take some time and you'd notice a slight dip in performance rather than suffer all-out chaos. Phil's was deeply gashed but from what I could see it hadn't split right through.

SP are aware that this is can be an issue, so spares should be available for those that need 'em.

firepower

as ste says liz the chaffing on the pipe is not a major problem and is easily prevented now we know about it , just ensure that the tray is not touching the rubber flex intercooler pipe if it is just cut a bit more of the under tray away . if it has cut the pipe contact matt and he will send you a new pipe which is easily fitted   s:) :) s:)
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

CrazySX

does anybody know the exact dimensions L x W x H of the TTE intercooler?

Tags: